Excessive Heat Warning for September 5-9, 2022
Help Keep Our Students Beat the Heat!
Dear Camellia Families,
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for this week, September 6 – 9, 2022. In light of the extreme heat weather, Camellia will be undertaking a number of steps to reduce the risk to our staff and students. We will:
- Encourage frequent breaks for drinks for our students to stay hydrated.
- Changes will be made to PE sessions to avoid vigorous physical activities.
- Children will spend limited amount of time outside unless they are in a shaded area
Below are what you can do this week to help our students beat the heat. We encourage students to:
- Bring a water bottle and stay hydrated
- Wear sunscreen
- Wear suitable, light, and breathable clothing to keep them cool and protect them from the sun.
- Bring an appropriate cap/hat.
Lastly, remind your child to inform an adult if he/she is not feeling well, over-heated or dizzy. Thank you.